Tuesday, January 25, 2011

About Dad?

Q: George, after Dad passed we were still living in our home on Dripping Springs. Our world was beginning the descent into a living hell. The gas line in our home began to leek. The gas people came out and turned off our gas. This left us with no heat, no hot water and no way to use our stove to cook. We had no monies - so fixing it was out of the question. When they told me we would have to tear up the line to the house and redo it - I fell down to my knees and began to cry. I went into the house and spoke to Dad. I said,"Dad, if what you taught me about a God that is real - well you had better show me real soon, and I mean real soon something to prove that to me - for right now I am losing my faith." This was on a Friday around noon. We still had no gas or heat. The house was huge, cold and lonely. We left Saturday morning to try and find a piece of land we could get on payments to put a trailer on for us to live in. We were loosing everything in our business failure. We returned that evening around 4:00 PM. I got on the computer to see if there was any email for me. There was an email from my 84 year old neighbor Dorothy. She was an avid prayer warrior. In it was a song, "Life Is Like A Mountain Railroad." It had been my Father's favorite song. I called Dorothy, I ask her why she sent it to me. She said it came in her mailbox. She didn't know where it had come from or why, just that it was to be given to me. I then told her about my statement to my Dad. That it was his song. I cried and she cried. I will never forget that. That - to be truthful is the thing that keeps me going on my path. Why did Dad send that? Why could he do that yet can not talk to me now? A: He was allowed to do this. He was still in healing at the time but heard your cry. It was very hard on him to do it because it allowed the bond between you two to be re-attached. Which would mean more time in healing. But love no matter which side a soul dwells on - will hear the cry of a loved one. Our attachments don't fade just because we cross over. If that were not so I would not have come to dwell here now. Love doesn't lessen once you die. Do you remember me telling you to allow your loved ones to leave? If the bond is too attached - the soul will be held here. It can't move on. This keeps both from healing and moving forward. The song came because he knew you would not be able to doubt it was from him. It has been a crouch for you to go back to when you doubt your journey here. This was his gift to you. You were his favorite daughter. Q: I was his only daughter and I loved him. I miss him too and Mom. But, I won't hold them here. I must keep going on despite my tiredness.......

No comments:

Post a Comment